Registration of assumed business name
- • contents of application
- • designation of representative
- • effect
(1) Each person who will carry on, conduct or transact business under an assumed business name shall sign an application to register the assumed business name and shall submit the application to the Office of the Secretary of State, with the fee prescribed by this chapter. All of the persons who will carry on, conduct or transact a single business under an assumed business name shall file a consolidated application to register the assumed business name.
(2) The application shall state:
(a) The assumed business name to be registered. The applicant shall write the assumed business name in the alphabet used to write the English language. The assumed business name may include numerals and incidental punctuation.
(b) The real and true name and street address of each person who intends to carry on, conduct or transact business under the assumed business name.
(c) The principal address at which the applicant intends to carry on, conduct or transact business and a listing of each county in which the applicant intends to carry on, conduct or transact business to the extent that ORS 648.007 (Requirement to register assumed business name and service mark) would require the applicant to register the assumed business name for that county.
(d) The name and the mailing address of the person whom the applicant authorizes to represent the applicant in transactions with the Office of the Secretary of State with respect to the registration. All of the registrants of an assumed business name for a single business shall designate the same person under this subsection.
(e) The applicant’s primary business activity.
(f) Any other information that the Secretary of State by rule may require.
(3) The person named in the application to be authorized to represent the applicant is authorized to receive notices under this chapter and to perform any duty that this chapter requires of the registrant of the assumed business name, but is not by the application or registration made the registrant’s agent for the service of process. [Amended by 1961 c.355 §1; 1963 c.551 §2; 1969 c.154 §1; 1971 c.194 §2; 1985 c.728 §94; 1987 c.843 §21; 1995 c.454 §4; 2007 c.186 §18]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.