Prohibited acts of foreclosure consultant
A foreclosure consultant may not:
(1) Claim, demand, charge, collect or receive any compensation from a homeowner unless the foreclosure consultant has performed in good faith under the contract:
(a) Each service the foreclosure consultant contracted to perform for the homeowner; or
(b) Each service to be compensated, prior to the homeowner canceling or breaching the contract.
(2) Claim, demand, charge, collect or receive interest or other compensation that exceeds nine percent per year on any services performed, any loan by the foreclosure consultant to the homeowner or any moneys paid or advanced to the homeowner under the foreclosure consulting contract.
(3) Take a wage assignment, lien on real or personal property or other security for the payment of compensation.
(4) Receive consideration from a third party in connection with services provided by a foreclosure consultant to a homeowner, unless the consideration is first fully disclosed in writing to the homeowner.
(5) Directly or indirectly acquire an interest in a residence in foreclosure or default transferred by a homeowner with whom the foreclosure consultant has contracted, including any interest transferred to or through a member of the foreclosure consultant’s family or to or through a subsidiary, affiliate or related entity in which the foreclosure consultant or a member of the foreclosure consultant’s family is a primary member, shareholder or owner.
(6) Receive compensation from a third party for facilitating or arranging for entry into an equity conveyance as defined in ORS 646A.725 (Definitions for ORS 646A.725 to 646A.750) by a homeowner with whom the foreclosure consultant has contracted.
(7) Facilitate or arrange for entry into an equity conveyance as defined in ORS 646A.725 (Definitions for ORS 646A.725 to 646A.750) by a homeowner with whom the foreclosure consultant has contracted, if the foreclosure consultant knows or should know that the equity purchaser has failed to comply with ORS 646A.735 (Written contract) (1).
(8) Take a power of attorney from a homeowner except for the purpose of obtaining or inspecting documents.
(9) Induce or attempt to induce any homeowner to enter into a foreclosure consulting contract that does not comply in all respects with ORS 646A.702 (Definitions for ORS 646A.702 to 646A.720) to 646A.720 (Prohibited acts of foreclosure consultant).
(10) Directly or by implication make a statement or engage in conduct that is false, deceptive, misleading or likely to cause confusion or misunderstanding regarding a:
(a) Foreclosure consultant service;
(b) Foreclosure consulting contract; or
(c) Residence in foreclosure or default. [2008 c.19 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.