- • waiver of authorization requirement
(1) An owner may designate a person as the owner’s designee:
(a) In writing, either on the estimate prepared under ORS 646A.482 (Estimate required before beginning work) or by means of a separate document. The owner shall sign a written designation made in accordance with this paragraph. If the designation is a separate document, the vehicle repair shop shall attach a copy of the document to the estimate.
(b) Orally or by telephone. For a designation made in accordance with this paragraph, the vehicle repair shop shall note on the estimate the name and telephone number of the person who made the designation, the name of the owner’s designee and, if the person made the designation by telephone, the date and time of the call.
(2) An owner may waive the authorization requirement set forth in ORS 646A.486 (Prohibited actions if estimate exceeds $200) (2) only when the owner receives an explanation of the authorization requirements and signs a separate document directly under a statement that conspicuously identifies the authorization requirement.
(3) An owner may not designate a motor vehicle repair shop or a principal, agent or employee of a motor vehicle repair shop as the owner’s designee.
(4) For purposes of this section, a statement is conspicuous if a reasonable person reading the separate document should have noticed the statement. [2009 c.133 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.