Definitions for ORS 646A.370 to 646A.374
As used in ORS 646A.370 (Definitions for ORS 646A.370 to 646A.374) to 646A.374 (Prohibited actions):
(1) “Automatic dialing and announcing device” means an automated device that selects and dials telephone numbers and that, working alone or in conjunction with another device, disseminates a prerecorded or synthesized voice message to the telephone number that the device calls.
(2) “Call” means an attempt made to contact or a contact made with a subscriber by means of a telephone or telephone line.
(3) “Caller” means a person that attempts to contact or that contacts a subscriber by using a telephone or telephone line.
(4) “Caller identification service” means a telephone service that permits subscribers to see a caller’s telephone number before answering the telephone.
(5) “Debt buyer” means a person that engages in the business of purchasing delinquent or charged-off debt for the purpose of collecting the debt.
(6) “Established business relationship” means a previous transaction or series of transactions between a caller and a subscriber that occurred within the 18 months preceding a call.
(7) “Subscriber” means an individual who has obtained residential or wireless telephone services from a telecommunications provider, or a person who resides with the individual. [2007 c.823 §1; 2015 c.561 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information