Repurchase of motor vehicle by manufacturer
- • notice to dealer
- • contents of notice
- • notice to prospective buyer
(1) The manufacturer of a motor vehicle who repurchases the vehicle for any reason shall inform any vehicle dealer to whom the manufacturer subsequently delivers the vehicle for resale that the vehicle has been repurchased by the manufacturer. If the reason for the repurchase was failure or inability to conform the vehicle to express warranties under the provisions of ORS 646A.400 (Definitions for ORS 646A.400 to 646A.418) to 646A.418 (Remedies supplementary to existing statutory or common law remedies) or any similar law of another jurisdiction, the manufacturer shall also inform the dealer of that fact.
(2) A dealer who has been given information required by subsection (1) of this section shall give the information, in writing, to any prospective buyer of the vehicle.
(3) An owner of a motor vehicle who has been given information as required by subsection (1) or (2) of this section shall give the information, in writing, to any prospective buyer of the vehicle.
(4) As used in this section and ORS 646A.327 (Attorney fees for action under ORS 646A.325), “motor vehicle” has the meaning given in ORS 646A.400 (Definitions for ORS 646A.400 to 646A.418). [Formerly 646.874]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.