Definitions for ORS 646A.140 and 646A.142
As used in this section and ORS 646A.142 (Rental vehicle collision damage waiver notice):
(1) “Authorized driver” means:
(a) The person renting the vehicle;
(b) The spouse of the person renting the vehicle, if the spouse is a licensed driver and meets any minimum age requirements contained in the rental agreement;
(c) The employer or coworker of the person renting the vehicle if the employer or coworker is engaged in a business activity with the person renting the vehicle and the employer or coworker meets any minimum age requirements contained in the rental agreement;
(d) Any person driving the vehicle during an emergency; and
(e) Any person expressly listed by the rental company on the rental agreement as an authorized driver.
(2) “Collision damage waiver” means an agreement between the renter and the rental company in which the company waives its right to impose a financial obligation on the renter or authorized driver if the vehicle is returned with physical damage.
(3) “Damage” means any damage or loss to the rented vehicle, including loss of use and any costs and expenses incident to the damage or loss.
(4) “Private passenger automobile” or “vehicle” means a motor vehicle designed primarily for transportation of persons.
(5) “Rental agreement” means any written agreement setting forth the terms and conditions governing the use of a private passenger automobile provided by a rental company.
(6) “Rental company” means any person engaged in the business of renting private passenger automobiles to the public.
(7) “Renter” means any person or organization obtaining the use of a private passenger automobile from a rental company under the terms of a rental agreement. [Formerly 646.857]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.