(1) In addition to any other liability or penalty provided by law, the Director of Agriculture may impose a civil penalty as provided in subsection (3) of this section on any person who violates any provision of ORS 646.947 (Prohibited activities), 646.949 (Signs identifying octane rating) or 646.953 (Orders of Director of Agriculture), rules adopted under ORS 646.957 (Rules) or orders issued under ORS 646.953 (Orders of Director of Agriculture).
(2) Any civil penalty under subsection (1) of this section shall be imposed in the manner provided by ORS 183.745 (Civil penalty procedures).
(3) The director may impose civil penalties that are:
(a) Not more than $500 for a first violation.
(b) Not more than $2,500 for a second violation within two years from the date of the first violation.
(c) Not more than $10,000 for a third violation within two years from the date of the first violation.
(4) In imposing a penalty under subsection (3) of this section, the director shall consider the following factors:
(a) The gravity of the violation.
(b) The scope of the violation.
(c) The past history of the person incurring the penalty.
(d) In the case of a penalty to be imposed on a retail dealer or nonretail dealer, the degree of knowledge by the dealer of the violation.
(5) Civil penalties collected shall be deposited into the Motor Vehicle Fuel Inspection Program Account. [1997 c.310 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.