Definitions for ORS 646.567 to 646.578
As used in ORS 646.567 (Definitions for ORS 646.567 to 646.578) to 646.578 (Notice of provisions of ORS 646.567 to 646.578), unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Charitable organization" means an organization organized for charitable purposes as defined in ORS 128.801 (Definitions for ORS 128.801 to 128.898).
(2) "Information about a party" means information specific to a party, including but not limited to the name and address of the party and the method by which the party paid the fee required by ORS 646.574 (List of persons who do not wish to receive telephone solicitations).
(3) "Party" means a telephone customer of a telecommunications company.
(4) "Qualified trade association" means an organization with at least the following characteristics:
(a) Written bylaws or governing documents including a code of conduct for its members; and
(b) Criteria and procedures for expelling or suspending members who violate the association’s bylaws or governing documents.
(5) "Telephone solicitation" means the solicitation by telephone by any person of a party for the purpose of encouraging the party to purchase real estate, goods or services, or make a donation. "Telephone solicitation" does not include:
(a) Calls made in response to a request or inquiry by the called party;
(b) Calls made by a charitable organization, a public agency or volunteers on behalf of the organization or agency to members of the organization or agency or to persons who have donated or expressed an interest in donating real estate, goods or services to the organization or agency;
(c) Calls limited to polling or soliciting the expression of ideas, opinions or votes; or
(d) Business to business contacts. [1989 c.451 §1; 1999 c.564 §6; 2001 c.170 §1; 2007 c.441 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.