Fertilizer Research Committee
(1) There is created the Fertilizer Research Committee to advise the Director of Agriculture on the funding of grants for research and development related to the interaction of fertilizer, agricultural amendment or agricultural mineral products and ground water or surface water. The committee shall consist of the director or the director’s designee and six members appointed by the director as follows:
(a) Two members of the public who have no involvement in the manufacture or distribution of fertilizer, agricultural amendment or agricultural mineral products;
(b) Three members representing the fertilizer, agricultural amendment or agricultural mineral industry; and
(c) One member representing Oregon State University.
(2) The term of each appointed member is two years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the director. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the director shall appoint a successor whose term begins on January 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the director shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(3) The committee shall select one of its members as chairperson and another as vice chairperson, for such terms and with duties and powers the committee determines to be necessary for the performance of the functions of those offices.
(4) A majority of the members of the committee constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(5) The committee shall meet at times and places specified by the call of the chairperson or of a majority of the members of the committee.
(6) The director may appoint an alternate committee member for each member of the committee. [2001 c.914 §19; 2009 c.97 §16]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.