Information on container label
- • sale from bulk display
- • advertising
- • ungraded eggs
(1) The labeling of any container used by an egg handler shall include the information required by the federal Act or rules promulgated thereunder, or:
(a) The full, correct and unabbreviated designation of size and grade or quality of the eggs;
(b) The common or usual name, if any there be, of the eggs or egg product;
(c) The lot or production code, number or date;
(d) The net contents;
(e) The name and address of the egg handler or distributor, and in the case of a distributor shall include qualifying terms as “packed for,” “distributed by” or “distributor”; and
(f) The Oregon state egg seal or the official number assigned to the egg handler by the State Department of Agriculture.
(2) The labeling information required by subsection (1) of this section shall be of a size and in a location prescribed by the department or by the rules promulgated under the federal Act.
(3) If eggs are sold by retailers to consumers from a bulk display, in lieu of the labeling information required by subsection (1) of this section, there shall be a clearly visible and legible placard prominently displayed immediately adjacent to such display containing the size and grade or quality of the eggs.
(4) Advertising of eggs or egg products shall conform to such provisions of subsection (1) of this section as the department may prescribe.
(5) Notwithstanding subsections (1) to (4) of this section and ORS 632.786 (Prohibited acts) (5) and (9), except as provided under subsection (6)(a) of this section, a producer may sell candled eggs using the designation “ungraded” instead of designating the size and grade or quality of the eggs if:
(a) The producer:
(A) Sells eggs of the producer’s own production directly to consumers; or
(B) Sells eggs of the producer’s own production by consignment under ORS 616.683 (Regulatory exemption for sales location and farm direct marketer of certain agricultural products) (3)(d).
(b) The labeling and display of the “ungraded” designation conforms with the size and location requirements prescribed under subsections (2) and (3) of this section for the labeling and display of an egg grade designation.
(6) For ungraded eggs described in subsection (5) of this section:
(a) The labeling must include a net content statement indicating the number of ungraded eggs; and
(b) The labeling or display need not include any statement of net weight. [1975 c.748 §13 (enacted in lieu of 632.770); 2017 c.88 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information