Apportionment and distribution of net proceeds or savings or net losses
(1) The net proceeds or savings of a cooperative shall be apportioned, distributed and paid periodically to those persons entitled to receive them, at such times and in such reasonable manner as the bylaws shall provide; except that net proceeds or savings on patronage of the cooperative by its members shall be apportioned and distributed among those members in accordance with the ratio which each member’s patronage during the period involved bears to total patronage by all members during that period. The bylaws may contain any reasonable provisions for the apportionment and charging of net losses. For the purposes of this section work performed as a member of a workers’ cooperative shall be deemed to be patronage of that cooperative.
(2) The apportionment, distribution and payment of net proceeds or savings required by subsection (1) of this section may be in cash, credits, capital stock, certificates of interest, revolving fund certificates, letters of advice or written evidence of indebtedness or other equity interest issued by the cooperative or by any affiliated domestic or foreign cooperative association whether or not incorporated under this chapter.
(3) Apportionment and distribution of its net proceeds or savings or net losses may be separately determined for, and be based upon patronage of, single or multiple pools, particular departments of the cooperative, or as to particular commodities, supplies or services, or such apportionment and distribution may be based upon classification of patronage according to the type thereof.
(4) A cooperative may provide in its bylaws:
(a) The minimum amount of any single patronage transaction; and
(b) The minimum aggregate amount of patronage transactions by any patron during the fiscal year of the cooperative.
(5) Any amount described in subsection (4) of this section shall be taken into account for the purpose of participation in allocation and distribution of net proceeds or savings or net losses under this section.
(6) For the purposes of this section net proceeds or savings or net losses shall be computed in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles applicable to cooperative corporations, and after deducting from gross proceeds or savings any dividends paid upon capital stock. [1957 c.716 §36; 1963 c.156 §2; 1995 c.79 §15; 1995 c.195 §12]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information