Meetings of members
(1) Meetings of members may be held either within or without this state as may be provided in the bylaws, and in the absence of a bylaw provision such meetings shall be held at the principal place of business of the cooperative.
(2) An annual meeting of the members shall be held at such time or within such time as may be provided in the bylaws. If the bylaws do not fix a time for such meeting, the annual meeting shall be held in each calendar year at such time as the board shall determine. Failure to hold the annual meeting at the designated time does not work a forfeiture or dissolution of the cooperative.
(3) Special member meetings may be called by the president or the board; or the secretary shall call such a meeting upon the filing of a petition stating the business to be brought before the meeting signed by not less than 10 percent of the members of the cooperative.
(4) Written or printed notice, stating the place, day and hour, and in case of a special member meeting the purposes for which the meeting is called, shall be given to each member and each shareholder, if shareholders are entitled to vote at such meeting, either personally or by mail not less than seven or more than 30 days before the meeting by direction of the person calling the meeting. If mailed, the notice shall be deemed to be given when deposited in the United States mail addressed to the member or shareholder at the address of the member or shareholder as it appears on the records of the cooperative with postage thereon prepaid. At any meeting at which the members are to be represented by delegates, notice to the members may be given by notifying the delegates and their alternates if any.
(5) A cooperative may provide in its bylaws:
(a) For the formation of districts and the holding of member meetings by districts and that elections of directors may be held at district meetings.
(b) That district meetings may elect delegates who shall represent their districts in annual and special meetings of the members. Notice of district meetings shall be given in the same manner as prescribed in this section for member meetings. [1957 c.716 §20]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.