- • membership stock
(1) Any cooperative, including a cooperative which requires a membership fee rather than the holding of membership stock as a prerequisite of membership, has power to issue the number of shares of capital stock stated in its articles. Such shares may be divided into more than one class with such designations, preferences, limitations and relative rights as shall be stated in the articles, except that capital stock as such shall have no voting power except as specifically authorized in this chapter.
(2) The articles may require that members own one or more shares of membership stock, and may provide limitations on the issuance and transferability of such stock. Unless restricted by the articles, stock other than membership stock may be issued or transferred without limitation.
(3) Shares having a par value may be issued for such consideration expressed in dollars, not less than the par value thereof, as shall be fixed from time to time by the board. Shares without par value, may be issued for such consideration expressed in dollars as may be fixed for such shares by the board. Payment for shares may be in cash or other property, tangible or intangible. If in other property, the value thereof shall be determined by the board, and such determination, if made in good faith, is conclusive.
(4) No certificate shall be issued for any share until such share is fully paid.
(5) Shareholders as such have no preemptive right to purchase additional shares. [1957 c.716 §12; 1963 c.156 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.