Registered office and registered agent
- • service of process on cooperative
(1) A cooperative shall have and continuously maintain in this state:
(a) A registered office that may be, but need not be, the same as the cooperative’s place of business. The registered office must be located at a physical street address where process may be personally served on the registered agent. The registered office may not be a commercial mail receiving agency, a mail forwarding business or a virtual office.
(b) A registered agent that must be:
(A) An individual who resides in this state and whose business office is identical to the registered office;
(B) A domestic corporation, domestic limited liability company, domestic professional corporation or domestic nonprofit corporation that has a business office identical to the registered office; or
(C) A foreign corporation, foreign limited liability company, foreign professional corporation or foreign nonprofit corporation that is authorized to transact business in this state and that has a business office identical to the registered office.
(2) A cooperative may change the cooperative’s registered office or registered agent in accordance with the procedure set forth in ORS 60.114 (Change of registered office or registered agent).
(3) A person that a cooperative has designated as the cooperative’s registered agent may resign in accordance with the procedure set forth in ORS 60.117 (Resignation of registered agent).
(4) A registered agent appointed by a cooperative is an agent of the cooperative upon whom any process, notice or demand required or permitted by law to be served upon the cooperative may be served.
(5) The provisions of ORS 60.121 (Service on corporation) are applicable to cooperatives. [1957 c.716 §10; 1987 c.94 §80; 2001 c.315 §26; 2013 c.158 §24; 2017 c.705 §17]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.