(1) The name of a cooperative shall be written in the English language and may include Arabic and Roman numerals and incidental punctuation.
(2) The name of a cooperative shall be distinguishable upon the records of the Office of Secretary of State from any other corporate name, professional corporate name, nonprofit corporate name, cooperative name, limited partnership name, reserved name, registered corporate name or assumed business name of active record with the Office of Secretary of State.
(3) The name of a cooperative need not satisfy the requirement of subsection (2) of this section if the applicant delivers to the Office of Secretary of State a certified copy of a final judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction that finds that the applicant has a prior or concurrent right to use the cooperative name in this state.
(4) The provisions of this section do not prohibit a cooperative from transacting business under an assumed business name.
(5) The provisions of this section do not:
(a) Abrogate or limit the law governing unfair competition or unfair trade practices.
(b) Derogate from the common law, the principles of equity or the statutes of this state or of the United States with respect to the right to acquire and protect trade names. [1987 c.94 §84]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.