As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Anniversary” means the day each year exactly one or more years after:
(a) The date on which the Secretary of State files the articles of incorporation for a cooperative.
(b) The date on which the Secretary of State files an application for authority to transact business for a foreign cooperative.
(2) “Articles” means articles of incorporation, articles of conversion or articles of merger.
(3) “Board” means board of directors.
(4) “Cooperative” means a cooperative corporation that is subject to the provisions of this chapter.
(5) “Corporation” means a corporation that is not a cooperative.
(6) “Delivery” means a method of delivery that is used in conventional commercial practice and includes hand delivery, mail delivery, commercial delivery and electronic transmission.
(7) “Domestic limited liability company” means an entity that is an unincorporated association that has one or more members and that is organized under ORS chapter 63.
(8) “Domestic nonprofit corporation” means a corporation not for profit that is incorporated under ORS chapter 65.
(9) “Domestic professional corporation” means a corporation that is organized under ORS chapter 58 for the purpose of rendering professional services and for the purposes provided under ORS chapter 58.
(10) “Electronic signature” has the meaning given that term in ORS 84.004 (Definitions for ORS 84.001 to 84.061).
(11) “Electronic transmission” means a method of communicating information that:
(a) Does not directly involve a transfer of a physical object that embodies the communication; and
(b) Enables the recipient to store, retrieve and reproduce the information.
(12) “Foreign cooperative” means a cooperative corporation that is organized under laws other than the laws of this state.
(13) “Foreign corporation” means a corporation for profit that is incorporated under laws other than the laws of this state.
(14) “Foreign limited liability company” means an entity that is an unincorporated association organized under laws other than the laws of this state and that is organized under a statute under which an association may be formed that affords to each of the entity’s members limited liability with respect to liabilities of the entity.
(15) “Foreign nonprofit corporation” means a corporation not for profit that is organized under laws other than the laws of this state.
(16) “Foreign professional corporation” means a professional corporation that is organized under laws other than the laws of this state.
(17) “Member” means a person that is qualified and accepted for membership in a cooperative.
(18) “Membership stock” means any class of stock, continuous ownership of which is required for membership in a cooperative.
(19) “Negotiate” means to confer with another in order to come to terms.
(20) “Person” means an individual, corporation, association, firm, partnership, joint stock company, cooperative or foreign cooperative.
(21) “Shareholder” means a holder of shares of capital stock of a cooperative other than membership stock.
(22) “Signature” means a manual, facsimile, conformed or electronic signature. [1957 c.716 §2; 1963 c.492 §41; 1974 c.2 §4; 1987 c.94 §78; 1995 c.195 §1; 1999 c.362 §16; 2001 c.142 §1; 2001 c.315 §33; 2005 c.107 §2; 2009 c.14 §2; 2009 c.294 §5; 2015 c.113 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information