- • citations for certain violations
- • delegation of authority
- • service of citations
- • recording
(1) As used in this section:
(a) “Deputy state sealer” means the person appointed by the Director of Agriculture to supervise the weights and measures section.
(b) “Inspector” means a state employee designated by the director as a supervisor or inspector of weights and measures.
(2) In enforcing violations subject to penalty under ORS 618.991 (Penalties), the director has authority to issue and serve citations to any person violating such laws.
(3) The director may delegate the powers referred to in subsection (2) of this section to the deputy state sealer and to inspectors. The deputy state sealer and inspectors with authority to serve citations under this section shall issue those citations in the manner provided by ORS chapter 153.
(4) Upon issuance of a citation for a violation subject to penalty under ORS 618.991 (Penalties), the deputy state sealer or inspector issuing the citation shall retain a record copy for the State Department of Agriculture. [1973 c.374 §5; 1999 c.1051 §109; 2005 c.22 §434]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information