Testing and inspection of scales
- • use without seal prohibited
- • sealing device
- • tests and inspection of cars
- • interstate cooperation
(1) All railroad track scales within this state used to weigh cars, commodities or freight offered for shipment shall be under the jurisdiction of the Director of Agriculture and subject to inspection by the State Department of Agriculture. The department may also test other track scales.
(2) The department shall, from time to time, test and inspect all such scales. No track scale shall be used in determining weights for the purpose of determining freight charges without first obtaining a seal from the department approving such use.
(3) The department shall approve a suitable sealing device, and cause all track scales inspected under this section to be officially sealed with such device, when such scales are found, or made to be in compliance with the department’s rules.
(4) The department may procure or otherwise secure the use of the car, apparatus or facilities used for tests and inspections as the department may require for the purposes of this section. Such car, apparatus or facilities may be used jointly with another state or states to test track scales and for that purpose may be taken beyond the limits of the state under such terms and conditions agreed upon with such other states. The car and apparatus needed to test track scales shall be transported free by every railroad in this state. [1989 c.405 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information