2015 ORS § 609.355¹
Issuance of permit upon lapse of federal license or registration

The State Department of Agriculture may issue a permit to a person to keep an exotic animal if:

(1) The person operated a facility under a valid license or research facility registration issued by the United States Department of Agriculture pursuant to the federal Animal Welfare Act of 1970 (7 U.S.C. 2133 or 2136);

(2) The person does not renew the persons license or registration described in subsection (1) of this section;

(3) The person applies for the permit within 90 days after the renewal date of the license or registration; and

(4) The person meets the requirements of rules adopted by the department under ORS 609.335 (Department rules regulating keeping of exotic animals). [2009 c.492 §9]