Definitions for ORS 609.035 to 609.110 and 609.990
(1) Boarding kennel:
(a) Means, except as provided in paragraph (b) of this subsection, a facility that provides care for a fee to dogs that stay at the facility an average of less than 30 days.
(b) Does not mean a facility that is subject to ORS 167.374 (Possession or control of dogs for purpose of reproduction) or 167.376 (Standards of care applicable to dog breeders).
(2) Dog control board means a group of persons whose duties include, but need not be limited to, fulfilling the duties of a dog control district board of supervisors as described in ORS 609.030 (Establishing dog control district).
(3) Dog control officer means a person whose duties include, but need not be limited to, enforcing the dog control laws for a dog control district.
(4) Keeper means a person who owns, possesses, controls or otherwise has charge of a dog, other than:
(a) A boarding kennel;
(b) A humane society or other nonprofit animal shelter;
(c) A facility impounding dogs on behalf of a city or county; or
(d) A veterinary facility.
(5) Menaces means lunging, growling, snarling or other behavior by a dog that would cause a reasonable person to fear for the persons safety.
(6) Potentially dangerous dog means a dog that:
(a) Without provocation and while not on premises from which the keeper may lawfully exclude others, menaces a person;
(b) Without provocation, inflicts physical injury on a person that is less severe than a serious physical injury; or
(c) Without provocation and while not on premises from which the keeper may lawfully exclude others, inflicts physical injury on or kills a domestic animal as defined in ORS 167.310 (Definitions for ORS 167.310 to 167.351).
(7) Running at large means that a dog is off or outside of the premises from which the keeper of the dog may lawfully exclude others, or is not in the company of and under the control of its keeper, except if the dog is:
(a) Being used to legally hunt, chase or tree wildlife while under the supervision of the keeper;
(b) Being used to control or protect livestock or for other activities related to agriculture; or
(c) Within any part of a vehicle.
(8) Serious physical injury has the meaning given that term in ORS 161.015 (General definitions). [2005 c.840 §4; 2015 c.292 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information