Additional users of establishment
- • fees
- • rules
(1) The State Department of Agriculture may issue licenses under this chapter to one or more additional users of a custom processing establishment, custom slaughtering establishment, meat seller establishment, nonslaughtering processing establishment or slaughterhouse that is licensed primarily for operation by another person. A license issued to an additional user of an establishment described in this subsection shall cover all operations at that establishment by the person licensed. Regardless of the number of persons licensed to use an establishment described in this subsection, the department may not recognize more than one person as the primary operator of the establishment.
(2) The department may assess a license fee to an additional user of an establishment described in this section, calculated as provided in rules adopted under ORS 603.025 (Licenses required). In calculating license fees as provided under ORS 603.025 (Licenses required), the establishment’s annual gross dollar volume of sales and services for an additional user of the establishment is independent of the establishment’s annual gross dollar volume of sales for any other user or the primary operator of the establishment.
(3) Notwithstanding ORS 603.025 (Licenses required), the department may adopt rules to establish the license expiration, renewal and application dates for additional users of an establishment.
(4) The department may adopt rules to determine the responsibilities of an establishment’s primary operator and additional users of the establishment under ORS 603.034 (Denial, suspension or revocation of license), 603.045 (Custom slaughter and processing regulations) (6), 603.055 (Equipment and facilities requirements) and 603.059 (Unclean slaughterhouses prohibited) and rules adopted under ORS 603.055 (Equipment and facilities requirements) and 603.085 (Rulemaking authority).
(5) A recognized primary operator of an establishment shall notify the department upon the expiration or termination of the rental or lease of the establishment by an additional user of the establishment. The renting or leasing of an establishment to a person licensed by the department as an additional user of the establishment or the expiration or termination of use by a person licensed as an additional user of the establishment does not, by itself, constitute the transfer of a business for purposes of ORS 603.027 (Refund of license fee in specific instances). [2007 c.645 §2; 2012 c.64 §19]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.