Terms of directors generally
(1) The terms of the initial directors of a corporation expire at the first shareholders’ meeting at which directors are elected.
(2) The terms of all other directors expire at the next annual shareholders’ meeting following their election unless their terms are staggered under ORS 60.317 (Staggered terms for directors).
(3) A decrease in the number of directors does not shorten an incumbent director’s term.
(4) The term of a director elected by the board of directors to fill a vacancy expires at the next shareholders’ meeting at which directors are elected.
(5) Despite the expiration of a director’s term, the director continues to serve until the director’s successor is elected and qualifies or until there is a decrease in the number of directors. [1987 c.52 §72; 1989 c.1040 §20]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.