Shareholders’ list for meeting
(1) After fixing a record date for a meeting, a corporation shall prepare an alphabetical list of the names of all its shareholders who are entitled to notice of a shareholders’ meeting. The list must be arranged by voting group, and within each voting group by class or series of shares and show the address of and number of shares held by each shareholder.
(2) The shareholders’ list must be available for inspection by any shareholder, beginning two business days after notice of the meeting is given for which the list was prepared and continuing through the meeting, at the corporation’s principal office or at a place identified in the meeting notice in the city where the meeting will be held. A shareholder, the shareholder’s agent or attorney is entitled on written demand to inspect and, subject to the requirements of ORS 60.774 (Inspection of records by shareholders) (3), to copy the list during regular business hours and at the shareholder’s expense during the period it is available for inspection.
(3) The corporation shall make the shareholders’ list available at the meeting, and any shareholder, the shareholder’s agent or attorney is entitled to inspect the list at any time during the meeting or any adjournment.
(4) If the corporation refuses to allow a shareholder, the shareholder’s agent or attorney to inspect the shareholders’ list before or at the meeting or copy the list as permitted by subsection (2) of this section, on application of the shareholder, the circuit court of the county where a corporation’s principal office is located, or if the principal office is not in this state, where its registered office is or was last located, may enter a temporary restraining order or preliminary injunction pursuant to ORCP 79 ordering the inspection or copying at the corporation’s expense and may postpone the meeting for which the list was prepared until the inspection or copying is complete. The party initiating such a proceeding shall not be required to post an undertaking pursuant to ORCP 82 A.
(5) Refusal or failure to prepare or make available the shareholder’s list does not affect the validity of action taken at the meeting. [1987 c.52 §56]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.