(1) A corporate name shall contain one or more of the words “corporation,” “incorporated,” “company” or “limited” or an abbreviation of one or more of those words.
(2) A corporate name shall not contain the word “cooperative.”
(3) A corporate name shall be written in the alphabet used to write the English language and may include Arabic and Roman numerals and incidental punctuation.
(4) A corporate name shall be distinguishable upon the records of the office from any other corporate name, professional corporate name, nonprofit corporate name, cooperative name, limited partnership name, business trust name, reserved name, registered corporate name or assumed business name of active record with the office.
(5) The corporate name need not satisfy the requirement of subsection (4) of this section if the applicant delivers to the office a certified copy of a final judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction that finds that the applicant has a prior or concurrent right to use the corporate name in this state.
(6) The provisions of this section do not prohibit a corporation from transacting business under an assumed business name.
(7) The provisions of this section do not:
(a) Abrogate or limit the law governing unfair competition or unfair trade practices; or
(b) Derogate from the common law, the principles of equity or the statutes of this state or of the United States with respect to the right to acquire and protect trade names. [1987 c.52 §26]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.