Contracting for services of deputy state veterinarian
- • Veterinary Medical Fee Schedule
(1) Notwithstanding other laws to the contrary, the State Department of Agriculture is authorized to enter into a contract with a deputy state veterinarian to obtain and pay for professional services in assisting the department in administering and carrying out its laws, including but not limited to testing and vaccination of livestock. The department may agree to pay deputy state veterinarians on a fair and equitable basis, which may include the establishment of a Veterinary Medical Fee Schedule. Such schedule may include, but not be limited to:
(a) Overtime fees or rates;
(b) Minimum or maximum fees;
(c) Amounts to be paid during certain periods of time or for certain types of service;
(d) Fees based on the number of calls or the number of animals involved; or
(e) Special fees for certain areas of the state or particular problems. However, as far as practical, fees shall be uniform throughout the state.
(2) Notwithstanding other laws to the contrary, if a deputy state veterinarian is employed by another veterinarian, or by another firm of veterinarians, is a member of a partnership of veterinarians, or is an employee of the College of Veterinary Medicine, Oregon State University, the department may enter into a contract with the employing entity or partnership for the furnishing of professional veterinary services to the department. The department may pay the employing entity or partnership for professional services furnished in conformity with the contract.
(3) Professional services furnished to the department as provided by this section shall be furnished only by a deputy state veterinarian. The deputy state veterinarian may not be an employee of the department. The self-employer, employer or partnership entity, as the case may be, shall:
(a) Be responsible for and shall make all withholdings and shall pay all taxes and other deductions due governmental agencies for deputy state veterinarians.
(b) Be responsible for and shall carry liability, compensation and other types of insurance covering deputy state veterinarians.
(4) Deputy state veterinarians furnishing professional services as provided by this section, shall:
(a) Comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations promulgated thereunder and general instructions of the department.
(b) Complete and sign all forms required by the department.
(c) Be responsible to the department for the final results of their work and services.
(5) The contract may be terminated by written notice to the other parties to the agreement at any time by the deputy state veterinarian, the employer or partnership, or the department. [1961 c.219 §3; 1971 c.483 §3; 1983 c.101 §2; 2003 c.14 §357]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.