- • publicity with respect to violations
- • cease and desist order
The Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services:
(1) May make such public or private investigations within or outside this state as the director deems necessary to determine whether a person has violated or is about to violate any provision of the Oregon Securities Law or any rule or order of the director, or to aid in the enforcement of the Oregon Securities Law or in the formulation of rules and forms thereunder;
(2) May require or permit a person to file a statement in writing, under oath or otherwise as the director determines, as to all the facts and circumstances concerning the matter to be investigated;
(3) May publish information concerning any violation of the Oregon Securities Law or any rule or order of the director; and
(4) If the director has reason to believe that any person has engaged, is engaging or is about to engage in any violation of the Oregon Securities Law, may issue an order, subject to ORS 59.295 (Notice of orders), directed to the person to cease and desist from the violation or threatened violation. [1967 c.537 §22; 1973 c.366 §6; 1999 c.315 §2; 2007 c.71 §14]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.