As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Foreign professional corporation means a professional corporation organized under laws other than the laws of this state.
(2) License includes a license, certificate of registration, permit or other legal authorization required by law as a condition precedent to the rendering of professional service or services within this state.
(3) Oregon Business Corporation Act has the same meaning given that term in ORS 60.951 (Short title).
(4) Practicing medicine has the meaning given that term in ORS 677.085 (What constitutes practice of medicine).
(5) Professional means:
(a) Accountants licensed under ORS 673.010 (Definitions for ORS 673.010 to 673.465) to 673.465 (Authority of Oregon Board of Accountancy to require fingerprints) or the laws of another state;
(d) Chiropractors licensed under ORS chapter 684 or the laws of another state;
(e) Dentists licensed under ORS chapter 679 or the laws of another state;
(g) Naturopaths licensed under ORS chapter 685 or the laws of another state;
(j) Physicians licensed under ORS chapter 677 or the laws of another state;
(L) Real estate appraisers licensed or certified under ORS chapter 674 or the laws of another state; and
(m) Other persons providing to the public types of personal service or services substantially similar to those listed in paragraphs (a) to (L) of this subsection that may be lawfully rendered only pursuant to a license.
(6) Professional corporation or domestic professional corporation means a corporation organized under this chapter for the specific purpose of rendering professional service or services and for such other purposes provided under this chapter.
(7) Professional service means personal service or services rendered in this state to the public which may be lawfully rendered only pursuant to a license by a professional.
(8) Regulatory board means the governmental agency of the State of Oregon required or authorized by law to license and regulate the rendering of a professional service or services for which a professional corporation is organized. [1969 c.592 §2; 1971 c.362 §3; 1985 c.728 §42; 1985 c.764 §3; 1987 c.94 §14; 1993 c.235 §1; 1997 c.774 §1; 2003 c.14 §24; 2005 c.254 §11; 2009 c.833 §27; 2013 c.129 §21; 2013 c.196 §16]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information