Commission financial activity
(1) Moneys that a person collects or receives from an assessment levied by the Oregon Wheat Commission and other moneys that the commission receives must be paid to the authorized agent of the commission and, except as provided under subsection (3) of this section, promptly deposited into an account established in accordance with ORS 295.001 (Definitions for ORS 295.001 to 295.108) to 295.108 (State Treasurer rules).
(2) Subject to approval by the Director of Agriculture, the commission may invest moneys the commission collects or receives. Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, investments the commission makes are:
(a) Limited to investments described in ORS 294.035 (Investment of funds of political subdivisions);
(b) Subject to the investments maturity date limitations described in ORS 294.135 (Investment maturity dates); and
(c) Subject to the conduct prohibitions listed in ORS 294.145 (Prohibited conduct for custodial officer).
(3) In addition to or in lieu of investments described in subsection (2) of this section, the commission may invest in the investment pool described in ORS 294.805 (Definitions for ORS 294.805 to 294.895). For purposes of ORS 294.805 (Definitions for ORS 294.805 to 294.895) to 294.895 (Board duties, generally), the commission is a public corporation and the secretary-treasurer of the commission is a local government official.
(4) Interest earned from any moneys a commission deposits or invests under this section is available to the commission in a manner consistent with the commission’s annual budget.
(5) Moneys may not be withdrawn from or paid out of an account established by the commission except upon order of the commission, and upon checks or other orders on the account that are signed by the secretary-treasurer or by another commission member designated by the commission and countersigned by the chairperson or vice chairperson or by another member designated by the commission. The secretary-treasurer of the commission shall keep a receipt, voucher or other written record, showing clearly the nature and items covered by each check or other order. [2013 c.93 §5; 2019 c.587 §48]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information