As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Commercial channels” means the sale of grain for use as food, feed or seed, or any industrial or chemurgic use, when sold to any commercial buyer, dealer, processor or cooperative, or to any person, public or private, who resells any grain or product produced from grain.
(2) “Commission” means the Oregon Wheat Commission.
(3) “Director” means the Director of Agriculture.
(4) “First purchaser” means any person, corporation, association or partnership that buys grain from the producer in the first instance, or any lienholder, public or private, who may possess grain from the producer under any lien.
(5) “Grain” means barley, canola, corn, flaxseed, mustard, oats, rye, soybeans, grain sorghum, triticale, wheat and any other cereal grain for which standards are established or followed by the State Department of Agriculture.
(6) “Producer” means:
(a) Any landowner personally engaged in growing grain;
(b) A tenant of the landowner personally engaged in growing grain;
(c) Both the owner and the tenant jointly; and
(d) Any other person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative, trust, sharecropper or other business units, devices or arrangements engaged in growing grain.
(7) “Sale” includes any pledge or mortgage of grain, after harvest, to any person, public or private. [Amended by 1977 c.198 §25; 2011 c.181 §6; 2013 c.93 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information