Oregon Wine Board
(2) The board shall consist of nine members appointed by the Governor. In making appointments, the Governor shall consider nominations or recommendations made by organizations with nominating committees representative of all major wine industry regions of the state.
(3) The term of office for a member is three years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of a term, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on January 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment.
(4) If a vacancy occurs on the board, the Governor shall appoint a qualified person to serve the unexpired term.
(5) A person appointed to the board must have:
(a) Expertise and experience in the Oregon wine grape growing or wine making industries; and
(b) A demonstrated ability and disposition to serve the state’s interests regarding all aspects of the Oregon wine grape growing and wine making industries, including but not limited to the various types and sizes of wine grape growing and wine making operations, grape varieties and growing regions within the state.
(6) A member of the board must maintain the following qualifications during the term of office:
(a) Be a bona fide resident of the state or an officer or principal owner of an entity organized or registered to do business in this state.
(b) Have a demonstrated interest in the positive development of the Oregon wine industry.
(c) Be actively engaged in wine grape growing or wine making.
(7) The members of the board shall elect a chairperson and vice-chairperson with duties and powers as determined by the board. [Formerly 576.753]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information