Definitions for ORS 576.780 to 576.809
(1) “Authenticate” has the meaning given that term in ORS 79.0102 (UCC 9-102. Definitions and index of definitions).
(2)(a) “Other seed,” except as provided in paragraph (b) of this subsection, means seed or a mixture of seed grown for commercial purposes.
(b) “Other seed” does not include:
(A) Agricultural seed as defined in ORS 576.715 (Definitions for ORS 576.715 to 576.744) or a mixture containing agricultural seed.
(B) Any seed or mixture of seed that the Director of Agriculture excludes by rule in response to a request by a producer organization or other producer group.
(C) Seed or a mixture of seed produced or processed under ORS 475B.785 (Findings) to 475B.949 (Authority to adopt rules for ORS 475B.785 to 475B.949).
(3) “Producer” means a person that grows other seed in this state on a commercial basis for a seed dealer.
(4) “Seed bailment contract” means a seed production contract under which the seed dealer retains title to all seed, seed stock and plant life grown or used by the producer under the terms of the contract.
(5) “Seed dealer” means a person that in the ordinary course of business contracts to buy other seed grown in this state by a producer or contracts with a producer for the growing of other seed in this state.
(6) “Seed delivery” means the date on which the seed grower delivers other seed to the seed dealer pursuant to a notice from the dealer.
(7) “Seed grower” means a person that grows other seed in this state on a commercial basis without entering into a contract with a seed dealer prior to harvesting of the seed.
(8) “Seed production contract” means a written agreement between a producer and a seed dealer for the growing of other seed in this state.
(9) “Seed purchase contract” means a written agreement for a seed dealer to purchase other seed that has been grown by a seed grower. “Seed purchase contract” does not include a seed production contract.
(10) “Variety Not Stated Seed” means other seed that is sold in unmarked plastic bags or other unmarked containers without any reference to a variety name for the seed. [2018 c.26 §1]
Note: 576.780 (Definitions for ORS 576.780 to 576.809) to 576.814 (Reporting adoption of rules regarding financial assurance by seed dealer) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 576 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information