Definitions for ORS 576.610 to 576.650
(1) "Agricultural commodity" means any agricultural, horticultural or viticultural product, but does not include milk, timber or timber products.
(2) "Department" means the State Department of Agriculture.
(3) "Director" means the Director of Agriculture.
(4) "Handler" means any person who purchases an agricultural commodity and thereafter grades, packs, cans, freezes, distills, crushes or otherwise preserves or changes the form of the commodity for the purpose of marketing the commodity.
(5) "Producer" means a person engaged in the business of growing, raising or otherwise producing an agricultural commodity for sale or an association of such persons organized under ORS chapter 62.
(6) "Representative group of producers" means those producers who produced, in the previous crop season, more than 59 percent of the amount of the commodity handled by each separate handler with whom such producers are involved in a dispute. [1969 c.238 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.