Definitions for ORS 571.300 to 571.348
(1) “Agricultural hemp seed” means Cannabis seed:
(a) That is sold to or intended to be sold to registered growers for planting; or
(b) That remains in an unprocessed or partially processed condition that is capable of germination.
(2) “Crop” means industrial hemp grown under a single registration.
(3) “Grower” means a person, joint venture or cooperative that produces industrial hemp.
(4) “Handler” means a person, joint venture or cooperative that receives industrial hemp for processing into commodities, products or agricultural hemp seed.
(5) “Industrial hemp”:
(a) Means all nonseed parts and varieties of the Cannabis plant, whether growing or not, that contain an average tetrahydrocannabinol concentration that does not exceed 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis.
(b) Means any Cannabis seed:
(A) That is part of a crop;
(B) That is retained by a grower for future planting;
(C) That is agricultural hemp seed;
(D) That is for processing into or for use as agricultural hemp seed; or
(E) That has been processed in a manner or to an extent that the Cannabis seed is incapable of germination.
(c) Does not mean industrial hemp commodities or products.
(6) “Industrial hemp concentrate” means an industrial hemp product obtained by separating cannabinoids from industrial hemp by:
(a) A mechanical process;
(b) A chemical extraction process using a nonhydrocarbon-based solvent, such as water, vegetable glycerin, vegetable oils, animal fats, isopropyl alcohol or ethanol;
(c) A chemical extraction process using carbon dioxide, provided that the process does not involve the use of high heat or pressure; or
(d) Any other process identified by the State Department of Agriculture by rule.
(7) “Industrial hemp extract” means an industrial hemp product obtained by separating cannabinoids from industrial hemp by:
(a) A chemical extraction process using a hydrocarbon-based solvent, such as butane, hexane or propane;
(b) A chemical extraction process using carbon dioxide, if the process uses high heat or pressure; or
(c) Any other process identified by the department by rule. [2009 c.897 §1; 2015 c.503 §1; 2016 c.71 §1; 2017 c.531 §1]
Note: 571.300 (Definitions for ORS 571.300 to 571.348) to 571.348 (Civil penalty) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 571 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.