- • authority
In order to facilitate research and development of new or alternative crops in this state and to implement the responsibilities of the State Department of Agriculture under ORS 561.020 (Responsibility of department as to inspectional, regulatory and development work) (2), the New Crops Development Board:
(1) Shall review new or alternative agricultural crops research or development proposals, and for this purpose may consult with the appropriate persons in universities, research institutions, business enterprises or other public or private bodies.
(2) May accept contributions, gifts or grants from any public or private source.
(3) May make grants and disbursements of funds to, and enter into agreements with, public or private agencies, schools, organizations, institutions or individuals, for the research, study, experimentation or development of new or alternative crop production, processing or uses.
(4) Shall review and evaluate the results of all grants and agreements.
(5) May act as a clearinghouse for information and reports involving the research, study, experimentation or development of new or alternative crop production, processing, markets or uses.
(6) May act as liaison between those engaged in the research, study, experimentation or development of new or alternative crop production, processing, markets or uses. [1983 c.501 §4; 1985 c.623 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.