- • principal office
- • authority to acquire real property
(1) The State Department of Agriculture shall adopt an official seal. It shall maintain its principal office in the state capital at Salem.
(2) The department may acquire and hold, by purchase, agreement or donation, real property or any rights or interest determined actually necessary by the department for:
(a) The grading and inspection of any horticultural and agricultural products, or of any establishment or device used in the production or processing of horticultural and agricultural products;
(b) The investigation and analysis of horticultural and agricultural products, including laboratories and greenhouse or field growing areas; and
(c) The storage and maintenance of equipment, vehicles and supplies used by the department in carrying out any law under its jurisdiction.
(3) The authority granted in subsection (2) of this section does not extend to real property used or to be used as the principal administrative office of the department.
(4) As used in this section “horticultural and agricultural products” has the meaning for that term provided in ORS 632.900 (“Horticultural and agricultural products” defined). [Amended by 1959 c.639 §5; 1981 c.63 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.