Office of Small Business Assistance
- • functions
- • confidentiality
- • rules
(1) The Office of Small Business Assistance is established within the Office of Secretary of State. The Secretary of State shall employ and appoint personnel necessary to perform the functions and duties of the Office of Small Business Assistance.
(2) The Office of Small Business Assistance shall:
(a) Assist state agencies with regulatory authority over small businesses to ensure that small businesses that are subject to audit, on-site inspection, compliance monitoring or compliance assistance efforts by state agencies, or that receive enforcement-related communications from or have contacts with state agencies with regulatory authority over small businesses, are provided with the means to comment on these interactions with state agencies.
(b) Work with state agencies for the purpose of facilitating interactions between small businesses and state agencies, including but not limited to obtaining timely responses to small business inquiries and requests, and resolving issues that arise in the administrative, regulatory and enforcement functions of state agencies with respect to small businesses.
(c) Work with small businesses and state agencies to identify and recommend efficient, responsive and nonretaliatory processes for:
(A) Receiving concerns or complaints from small businesses regarding interactions with state agencies;
(B) Participation of small businesses in general studies, conferences, inquiries or meetings that would improve the functioning of state agencies with regulatory authority over small businesses;
(C) Identifying causes of unnecessary delays, inconsistencies in the administrative, regulatory and enforcement functions of state agencies and inefficient uses of state resources; and
(D) Making recommendations for resolving issues and disputes that arise in the context of interactions between state agencies and small businesses.
(3) All state agencies shall cooperate with and assist the Office of Small Business Assistance in the performance of its duties and functions.
(4) Writings and information provided to, and communications with, the Office of Small Business Assistance under subsection (2) of this section are confidential and exempt from disclosure under ORS 192.410 (Definitions for ORS 192.410 to 192.505) to 192.505 (Exempt and nonexempt public record to be separated), except as necessary to prepare the report required under ORS 56.206 (Reviews and investigations of complaints).
(5) The Secretary of State may adopt rules necessary to implement the provisions of ORS 56.200 (Definitions for ORS 56.200 to 56.209) to 56.209 (Protections for persons making complaints). [2013 c.699 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.