Board of directors
- • meetings
- • quorum
(1) The authority of a sand control district is vested in a district board consisting of three members. Upon taking office, a board member shall take, and subscribe to, an oath of office to support the Constitution and laws of the United States and of the State of Oregon and to honestly and faithfully perform the duties imposed upon the member under the laws of Oregon.
(2) The district board:
(a) Shall hold at least one regular meeting in each calendar month, on a day fixed by the board, and may hold special meetings as the board determines.
(b) Shall hold meetings at times and places within the district as the board determines.
(c) Shall, at the time of its organization, choose from the members a president, a secretary and a treasurer, who hold those offices until the first regular meeting in January, or until their successors are chosen and qualified.
(d) May call a special election at any regular meeting of the district.
(3) A majority of the members constitutes a quorum to conduct business and, in the absence of the member serving as president, another member may preside at a meeting.
(4) The secretary of the district shall:
(a) Assign position numbers one to three to the offices of board members;
(b) Certify the assigned position numbers to the member holding the office; and
(c) File a copy of the certification with the district elections officer.
(5) Except as provided in ORS 555.514 (Qualifications to serve on board), the term of office of a board member is four years.
(6) The district board shall fill a vacancy on the board as provided in ORS 198.320 (Filling of vacancies on governing bodies of certain districts). [2015 c.560 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.