ORS 554.260¹
Contracts with governmental agencies or others for financial assistance or cooperative action

Whenever the board of directors of the corporation shall by resolution determine it to be for the best interest of the corporation, the board may enter into contract with the United States or its duly constituted agencies, or any municipal or other corporation of Oregon, or any person, for the purpose of procuring or receiving a loan or financial assistance for any works or improvement of the corporation, or for the maintenance and operation of any works or improvement of the corporation or of such other party, or for the purpose of acquiring jointly or controlling and managing in conjunction with such other party any works or improvement or any easement or right of way necessary for such improvement or work; and may bind the corporation for the maintenance, support and operation of the whole or any part thereof after construction of the same; and may agree that any works or improvement of the United States or any constituted governmental agency embracing any part of the works or improvement of the corporation or serving any purpose thereof shall be subject to the control, rules and regulations of the United States or any of its constituted agencies or officers as any law or regulation of the United States may require; and may agree to protect the United States and its constituted governmental agencies or officers from any loss or damage by reason of any works or improvement for or in behalf of the corporation as any law may require as a condition thereof; and may contract with the United States to furnish without cost such easements and rights of way and other property as shall be necessary for the proposed improvement and works of the corporation and their maintenance and operation, as required or provided by law as a condition thereof.

Chapter 554

Notes of Decisions

Water improve­ment district formed under this chapter is unit of govern­ment for purposes of filing suit under ORS 305.583 (Interested taxpayer petitions for certain determinations), but is not “govern­mental unit” within meaning of sec­tion 11b, Article XI of Oregon Constitu­tion. Comeaux v. Water Wonderland Improve­ment Dist., 12 OTR 132 (1992), aff’d 315 Or 562, 847 P2d 841 (1993)

Atty. Gen. Opinions

Authority of State Land Board to enter into nonprofit wa­ter supply district corpora­tion, (1978) Vol 38, p 2199

1 Legislative Counsel Committee, CHAPTER 554—Corporations for Irrigation, Drainage, Water Supply or Flood Control, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­ors554.­html (2019) (last ac­cessed May 16, 2020).
2 Legislative Counsel Committee, Annotations to the Oregon Revised Stat­utes, Cumulative Supplement - 2019, Chapter 554, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­ano554.­html (2019) (last ac­cessed May 16, 2020).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information