Filing duty of Secretary of State
(1) If a document delivered to the Office of the Secretary of State for filing satisfies the requirements of ORS 554.005 (Filing requirements), the Secretary of State shall file it.
(2) The Secretary of State files a document by indicating thereon that it has been filed by the Secretary of State and the date of filing. After filing a document, except for the annual report, the Secretary of State shall return an acknowledgment of filing to the corporation or its representative.
(3) If the Secretary of State refuses to file a document the Secretary of State shall return it to the corporation or its representative within 10 business days after the document was delivered together with a brief written explanation of the reason for the refusal.
(4) The Secretary of State’s duty to file documents under this section is ministerial and is limited in scope of review as set out by rule of the Secretary of State. The Secretary of State is not required to verify or inquire into the legality or truth of any matter included in any document delivered to the Office of the Secretary of State for filing. The Secretary of State’s filing or refusing to file a document does not:
(a) Affect the validity or invalidity of the document in whole or part; or
(b) Relate to the correctness or incorrectness of information contained in the document.
(5) The Secretary of State’s refusal to file a document does not create a presumption that the document is invalid or that information contained in the document is incorrect. [1987 c.94 §141; 1999 c.486 §20]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information