- • use of revenues
- • collection and enforcement
(1) The district board shall fix charges for water furnished for domestic, industrial and municipal purposes so that the water system is self-sustaining. All indebtedness incurred in the acquisition, construction, maintenance, operation and disposition of the system shall be paid from the revenue collected and from the proceeds of the disposition of the whole or any part of the water system. The district board may establish rates or charges to be paid by each person whose premises are served. The rates or charges may be fixed and classified according to the type of use and according to the amount of water used, and according to whether the property serviced lies within or without the boundaries of the district.
(2) The district shall establish and maintain separate accounts covering the acquisition, construction, reconstruction, maintenance, operation and disposition of the domestic, industrial and municipal water system.
(3) The district board may contract with any other district or with a city to collect water charges for the district within the other district or city and the district may pay a reasonable charge for such services.
(4) Water charges may also be collected and enforced as provided by ORS 454.225 (Rates and charges). [1969 c.606 §22; 1983 c.740 §216a]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information