Collection of incurred charges
- • withholding of water until payment
- • interest on unpaid charges
(1) Incurred charges under ORS 545.482 (Authorization of method for billing and collecting incurred charges), 545.484 (Computation of amount to be raised) and 545.494 (Unpaid charge as lien on land) shall be collected by the secretary of the district. The district may withhold delivery of water from any tract of land until the incurred charges for the current year and any prior years, including interest and lien and collection costs and fees, are paid in full.
(2) If an incurred charge, or any installment of an incurred charge, under ORS 545.482 (Authorization of method for billing and collecting incurred charges), 545.484 (Computation of amount to be raised) and 545.494 (Unpaid charge as lien on land) is not paid when due, interest shall be charged and collected on the incurred charge or installment at the rate of one and one-third percent per month, or fraction of a month, until paid.
(3) If a notice of claim of lien has been filed under ORS 545.494 (Unpaid charge as lien on land), the costs of the filing and any costs of removing the lien, including but not limited to recording and filing fees, title search fees and a reasonable administrative fee, shall be charged and collected. [Amended by 1981 c.71 §1; 1991 c.459 §423g; 1993 c.771 §16; 1995 c.42 §116; 1995 c.754 §8; 2001 c.476 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.