Petition to construct improvements for irrigation
- • contents
- • assent of petitioners to assessment of cost of improvement
(1) The holders of title, or evidence of title, representing a majority of the acreage of any body of land within any irrigation district may file with the board of directors of the district a petition in writing, requesting the construction of any improvement necessary or expedient for the efficient irrigation of the lands.
(2) The petition shall contain:
(a) A general description of the proposed improvement;
(b) A description of the tracts, or body of land, owned by the petitioners; and
(c) A description of the exterior boundaries of the land for which the proposed improvement is to be constructed and a description of any lands that are to be excepted from the benefit or use of the proposed improvement.
(3) The petition shall also contain an agreement on the part of the petitioners that the cost of construction of the improvement shall constitute a lien upon the lands within the exterior boundaries of the land described in the petition, except for the lands that are excepted from the benefit or use of the proposed improvement, and that the lands shall be assessed for and pay the cost of the improvement.
(4) The petition shall be deemed to give assent of the petitioners to construction of the improvement and shall authorize the assessment of the cost of such improvement upon and against the lands described in the petition and not specifically therein excepted. The petition shall be acknowledged in the same manner that conveyances of land are required to be acknowledged. [Formerly 545.402]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.