Conditions required in certain districts before delivering water to additional lands
- • order
- • charges and assessments
(1) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this chapter, in any irrigation district that was formed before April 23, 1959, and that lies entirely west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, the board of directors shall, as a condition precedent to the delivery of water and the charging and assessment of any lands within the district that have not been irrigated or charged or assessed, determine:
(a) That the delivery of water to the lands will not result in an inadequate supply of water deliverable to the other lands within the district charged or assessed at that time; and
(b) That the lands can be served by the facilities of the district without impairing the ability of the district adequately to serve the lands previously charged or assessed.
(2) After making the determination required by subsection (1) of this section the board of directors may, as a condition for the delivery of water and the charging or assessment of the lands, require that the applicants contract to pay to the district such sums as the board determines. However, these sums shall not exceed the amount the applicants or their predecessors in interest would have been required to pay to the district for charges and assessments for the payment of their pro rata share of all bonds previously issued and the interest on the bonds, or other indebtedness incurred by the district, had such lands been included in the district when such bonds were issued or such indebtedness incurred. However, there shall be credited to these sums any amount previously paid on behalf of these lands on the bonds or indebtedness.
(3) The charges made under subsection (2) of this section shall be set forth in the order allowing the inclusion of the lands in the district. A certified copy of the order shall be recorded in the same manner as provided by ORS 545.079 (Recording of order including lands in district) and the charges and assessments paid, collected and enforced as provided by that section.
(4) For the purposes of this section the summit of the Cascade Mountains is considered to be a line beginning at the intersection of the western boundary of Hood River County with the northern boundary of the State of Oregon, thence southerly along the western boundaries of the counties of Hood River, Wasco, Jefferson, Deschutes and Klamath to the southern boundary of the State of Oregon. [Formerly 545.065]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.