Organization of board
- • officers
- • establishment of meeting dates
- • collection, custody and disbursement of moneys
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, on the first Tuesday in January next following their election, the board of directors shall meet and organize as a board. In organizing as a board, the directors shall:
(a) Elect a president from among the directors and appoint a secretary, who may be a director or the manager of the district.
(b) Establish the time for regular monthly meetings of the board as required under ORS 545.185 (Meetings of board).
(c) Establish, by resolution, the date of the next annual organizational meeting of the district.
(d) Establish the date the board shall next meet as a board of equalization under ORS 545.418 (Meeting of board).
(2) The board of directors may, by resolution, establish a different date in January for the annual organizational meeting.
(3) The county treasurer of the county in which the petition for the organization of the district was filed shall be ex officio treasurer of the district. Any moneys collected by other county treasurers on behalf of the district shall be transmitted to the district treasurer, together with a statement specifying the fund into which it is to be deposited. However, if the secretary of the irrigation district is authorized to collect operation and maintenance assessments or emergency assessments, as provided in this chapter, the secretary shall disburse the assessment moneys upon orders of the board of directors of the district. Any county treasurer having custody or control of funds of an irrigation district shall be responsible for them on the official bond as county treasurer. [Formerly 545.062; 2005 c.468 §1; 2005 c.469 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.