Powers of Water Resources Commission as to permits, licenses, investigations, reports, forms and examination of records
The Water Resources Commission may:
(2) Issue licenses, as provided in ORS 543.260 (Licenses), to citizens of the United States, associations of citizens, or private corporations organized under the laws of the United States or any state of the United States, to appropriate, initiate, perfect, acquire and hold the right to the use of waters within the state, including waters over which the state has concurrent jurisdiction, and to construct, operate and maintain dams, reservoirs, power houses, conduits, transmission lines, and all other works and structures necessary or convenient for the use of the waters in the generation and utilization of electricity.
(3) Conduct investigations and collect information the commission considers necessary or useful for the purposes of ORS 543.010 (Definitions for ORS 543.010 to 543.610) to 543.610 (Acquisition of project by state or municipality) and cooperate with the federal government and adjoining states concerning all such matters, particularly with reference to waters forming the boundary between this state and another state.
(4) Prescribe the forms of all accounts, records and memoranda to be kept by licensees under ORS 543.010 (Definitions for ORS 543.010 to 543.610) to 543.610 (Acquisition of project by state or municipality).
(5) Examine at any time all accounts, books of account and documents and data related to the business of a licensee under ORS 543.010 (Definitions for ORS 543.010 to 543.610) to 543.610 (Acquisition of project by state or municipality); and require a licensee to submit, whenever required by the commission, reports and statements under oath containing information as to assets, liabilities, capitalization, gross receipts, interest and dividend requirements, interest due and paid, amortization and other reserves, net investment, cost of any project constructed, maintained or operated, in whole or in part, cost of maintenance, operation, renewals, replacements, cost of production, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity, and other data as the commission may require.
(6) Perform all acts, exercise all powers and issue all orders which, in the judgment and discretion of the commission, are necessary to effectuate the purposes of ORS 543.010 (Definitions for ORS 543.010 to 543.610) to 543.610 (Acquisition of project by state or municipality). [Amended by 1955 c.673 §3; 1955 c.707 §39; 1961 c.224 §13; 1985 c.673 §140; 1995 c.229 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.