Establishment of grant program
- • direct service cost payment
- • limitations
- • project evaluation
(1) The Water Resources Department shall establish a grant program to pay the qualifying costs of planning studies performed to evaluate the feasibility of developing a water conservation, reuse or storage project, as described in ORS 541.566 (Planning studies eligible for grants or direct service cost payments). A grant under this section may be made to a local government as defined in ORS 174.116 (“Local government” and “local service district” defined), to an Indian tribe as defined in ORS 391.802 (Definition for ORS 391.800 to 391.830) or to a person.
(2) In lieu of grants, the department may pay the cost of providing direct services, including but not limited to technical planning services, for a planning study that is eligible for a grant under this section.
(3) A grant or the cost of direct services provided under this section may not exceed $500,000 per project. A grant or payment for direct services may be provided only if the amount of the grant or the cost of the direct services is matched by funding from another source that is not less than a dollar-for-dollar match of the amount or cost.
(4) Grants and the cost of direct services provided under this section must be paid for from moneys available in the Water Conservation, Reuse and Storage Investment Fund.
(5)(a) In evaluating above ground storage projects for awards of grants or payments for direct services under this section, the department shall give priority to projects that include provisions for using stored water to augment in-stream flows to conserve, maintain and enhance aquatic life, fish life or other ecological values.
(b) In evaluating all other eligible projects, the department shall give priority to projects identified by the department in a statewide water assessment and inventory for the award of grants or provision of payment for direct services under this section. [2008 c.13 §1]
Note: 541.561 (Establishment of grant program) to 541.581 (Rules for grant and direct service cost payment program) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 541 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.