Agreements to expedite processing and review of applications, permits and other administrative matters
- • fees
(1) The Water Resources Department may, with any person, enter into an agreement that sets fees to be paid to the department for the purpose of enabling the department to expedite or enhance the regulatory process to provide services voluntarily requested under the agreement. Pursuant to the agreement, the department may hire additional temporary staff members, contract for services or provide additional services to the person that are within the authority of the department to provide.
(2) Notwithstanding the fees established in ORS 536.050 (Fees), as part of an agreement entered into under this section, the department may waive all or part of a fee imposed for a service.
(3) The department may not modify existing processing priorities or schedules or create processing priorities or schedules for a particular department-provided service in order to compel a person to enter into an agreement under this section. However, without violating this subsection, the department may modify its processing priorities or schedules based on the overall operating needs of the department.
(4) The department may not require that a person pay more for a service under an agreement entered into under this section than the cost to the department in providing the service to the person.
(5) The department shall review the responsibilities of the department to identify services provided by the department that are appropriate for the department to perform under the provisions of this section. Failure to identify responsibilities under this subsection does not prohibit the department from entering into agreements under this section.
(6) Fees paid under this section shall be deposited in the State Treasury to the credit of the department. Such moneys are continuously appropriated to the department for the purpose of reviewing department responsibilities to determine those services for which the authority provided in this section may be used and for fulfilling the individual agreements entered into pursuant to this section, including the processing and review of:
(a) Water right permit applications, permit extensions, permit amendments and final proof surveys;
(b) Water right exchanges and transfers; and
(c) Water management and conservation plans required by rule by the department. [2003 c.745 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information