Water Resources Commission
- • members
- • terms
- • confirmation
- • compensation and expenses
(1) There is created a Water Resources Commission consisting of seven members, appointed by the Governor, one of whom the Governor shall designate as chairperson. The members appointed to the commission shall be subject to confirmation by the Senate as provided in ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation). One member of the commission shall be appointed from each of the five regional river basin management areas set forth in subsection (3) of this section, one member shall be appointed from east of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, as defined in ORS 477.001 (Definitions), and one member shall be appointed from west of that summit.
(2) The term of office of a member shall be four years. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor to assume the retiring member’s duties on July 1 next following. A member shall be eligible for reappointment, but no member shall serve more than two consecutive terms. In case of a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term. The members of the commission shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor.
(3) For purposes of appointing members under subsection (1) of this section, the drainage basins of the state shall be divided into the following regional river basin management areas:
(a) Upper Northwest Region, consisting of the Lower and Middle Willamette, North Coast and Sandy drainage basins and that portion of the Columbia River drainage basin below Bonneville Dam.
(b) Southwest Region, consisting of the Rogue, Klamath, Goose and Summer Lakes drainage basins and that portion of the South Coast drainage basins south of the mouth of the Rogue River.
(c) West Central Region, consisting of the Umpqua, Mid Coast, Upper Willamette and that portion of the South Coast drainage basins north of the mouth of the Rogue River.
(d) North Central Region, consisting of the Umatilla, John Day, Hood and Deschutes drainage basins and that portion of the Columbia River drainage basin above Bonneville Dam.
(e) Eastern Region, consisting of the Owyhee, Malheur, Grande Ronde, Malheur Lake, Middle Snake and Powder drainage basins.
(4) A member of the commission is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [1985 c.673 §3; 1995 c.548 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.