Water Resources Department Hydroelectric Fund
- • uses
- • sources
(1) The Water Resources Department Hydroelectric Fund is established separate and distinct from the General Fund of the State Treasury. Except as provided in subsections (4) to (6) of this section, of the moneys in the Water Resources Department Hydroelectric Fund:
(a) A portion equal to 67 percent of the total moneys received each year shall be transferred to the fund created under ORS 496.835 (Oregon Fish and Wildlife Hydroelectric Fund);
(b) A portion equal to 10.3 percent of the total moneys received each year shall be transferred to an account of the Department of Environmental Quality to be used to review applications for certification of hydroelectric projects under ORS 468B.040 (Certification of hydroelectric power project) and 468B.045 (Certification of change to hydroelectric power project); and
(c) All of the remaining moneys received each year are continuously appropriated to the Water Resources Commission and the Water Resources Department to provide for the payment of the administrative expenses of the commission and the department in carrying out their responsibilities related to the issuance of permits, licenses or water right certificates for hydroelectric projects.
(2) The following shall be deposited into the State Treasury and credited to the Water Resources Department Hydroelectric Fund:
(a) Fees received by the Water Resources Department for hydroelectric projects under ORS 536.050 (Fees), 543.078 (Annual fee for hydroelectric project) to 543.092 (Amendment of hydroelectric water right or claim), 543.210 (Preliminary permits), 543.280 (Fee payments by licensee), 543.300 (Conditions governing license), 543.710 (Annual fee based on horsepower), 543A.405 and 543A.415; and
(b) All moneys received on behalf of this account by gift, grant or appropriation from whatever source.
(3) All interest, if any, from moneys credited to the Water Resources Department Hydroelectric Fund shall be credited to the fund and shall inure to the benefit of the Water Resources Department Hydroelectric Fund.
(4) Application fees received under ORS 543A.405 shall be disbursed to the various agencies in the amounts specified in the cost reimbursement agreement executed with each reauthorization applicant.
(5) Four cents of each 28 cents paid as a reauthorization fee under ORS 543A.415 shall be paid to the Department of Environmental Quality.
(6) Annual fees paid under ORS 543.078 (Annual fee for hydroelectric project) shall be disbursed to state agencies pursuant to a memorandum of agreement developed by the Department of Environmental Quality, the State Department of Fish and Wildlife and the Water Resources Department. [1991 c.869 §2; 1997 c.449 §36; 1999 c.873 §13]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.