As used in ORS 196.600 (Definitions for ORS 196.600 to 196.655) to 196.921 (Applicability), 541.010 (Furnishing of water for certain purposes declared to be a public use) to 541.320 (Decrees adjudicating rights), 541.386 (Dams and use of water for hydroelectric generation on North Umpqua prohibited), 541.430 (Use of machinery by riparian owner to raise water) to 541.545 (Compliance with orders of commission) and 541.700 (Definitions for ORS 541.700 to 541.855) to 541.990 (Penalties) and ORS chapters 536 to 540, 542 and 543:
(1) “Commission” means the Water Resources Commission.
(2) “Department” means the Water Resources Department.
(3) “Director” means the Water Resources Director.
(4) “Existing right” or “vested right” or words of similar import include an inchoate right to the use of water to the fullest extent that the right is recognized, defined or declared by the commission, the director or any court within this state.
(5) “Order” has the meaning given in ORS 183.310 (Definitions for chapter).
(6) “Person” includes individuals, corporations, associations, firms, partnerships, joint stock companies, public and municipal corporations, political subdivisions, the state and any agencies thereof, and the federal government and any agencies thereof.
(7) “Public corporation” includes any city, county or district organized for public purposes.
(8) “Rule” has the meaning given in ORS 183.310 (Definitions for chapter).
(9) “State agency” includes any office, board, commission or department of a state government.
(10) “State water resources policy” means the water resources policy provided for in ORS 536.295 (Conditions for consideration of application for use not classified in basin program) to 536.350 (Delivery of water resources statement to certain public bodies) and 537.505 (Short title) to 537.534 (Rules for permitting and administering aquifer storage and recovery projects).
(11) “Undetermined vested right” means a water right claimed under ORS 539.010 (Protection of water rights vested or initiated prior to February 24, 1909) as having vested or as having been initiated before February 24, 1909, that has not been determined in an adjudication proceeding under ORS chapter 539 nor is evidenced by a permit or certificate issued under the Water Rights Act.
(12) “Waters of this state” means any surface or ground waters located within or without this state and over which this state has sole or concurrent jurisdiction.
(13) “Water resources of this state” means waters of this state and the following auxiliary lands whose usage directly affects the development and control of the waters of this state:
(a) Potential reservoir sites.
(b) Floodplain areas forming the predictable channels of floodwater drainage of rivers and streams. [1985 c.673 §2; 1989 c.691 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information